Grilled Niagara Peaches with Blue Cheese & Honey
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 large fresh peaches, with peel, halved and pitted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- 60 g (2-1/2 oz.) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp chopped toasted pecans
- Garnish : sliced green onions, chopped basil leaves (optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the vinegar and honey. Simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, it should become slightly thicker. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle both sides of cut peaches with olive oil.
- Place peaches cut side down onto the grill and cook for about 5 minutes or until the flesh is toasted.
- Turn peaches over. Brush the tops sides with balsamic glaze, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the peach halves to individual dishes and drizzle with the remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese and pecans. Sprinkle with green onions and basil if desired. Serve immediately
If peaches are unripe, you can follow steps 1 to 4. Then place on rimmed baking sheet and bake in 350°F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until peaches are tender. (Test with a paring knife)